American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
AIG’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG’s underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas, including: aviation, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Responsible for handling new business and reviewing and renewing existing books of business, underwriters are fundamental in generating revenue for AIG. Underwriters are tasked with determining the risk of an insured, whether an individual, or company, and appropriately calculating the premium for the requested coverage.
Summer Internship Program Description
Joining the AIG Summer Internship Program is a great way to enhance your business acumen and gain insight into our industry. Summer interns are placed into meaningful and influential roles that have an immediate and integral impact on the business.
The Summer Internship Program lasts approximately 10 weeks and is targeted to students entering the final year of their undergraduate or graduate education. After orientation and intensive training, summer interns will join one of our business lines, each of which offers a unique opportunity to obtain core technical knowledge and professional skills in a diverse and global environment. In addition to the experience acquired on the job, summer interns have the opportunity to learn directly from senior management, and participate in webinars, discussion forums, and networking receptions.
Summer interns establish goals with their managers during the first week, and the goals are measured at the mid and end points of the summer. Successful summer interns may be considered for full-time analyst positions to begin summer of 2019.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 (unofficial transcript required upon application)
- Bachelors or Master’s degree, or candidate for Bachelors or Master’s degree to be received no later than August 2019
- We also look for a diverse background of experience, culture, and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a record of successful teamwork.
- The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and EQ (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility).
- AIG seeks candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills, and are enthusiastic about and committed to the insurance industry.
AIG Underwriting Summer Intern positions are available in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, and San Francisco.
How to Apply
In order to be considered, an online application is required. If you are a student who attends a campus we will be visiting during the recruiting season, you must submit an application via your University’s career webpage. Check with your Career Center for listings.Please also apply at www.aig.com/campus Job ID number 150271.