Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Howard University Students do you want to Take charge, Think fast, Move forward as a Sales and Operations Management Trainee in our fast-paced environment?
You will use your hard-earned degree to run a business and quickly solve problems for our customers – who will depend on you to achieve success.
Penske will introduce you to our sales processes, leading-edge technology and winning company culture through ongoing training and mentoring to help cultivate the skills and expertise you need to succeed in all aspects of our business: sales, operations, finance, customer service, technology and more. You’ll collaborate with a high-energy, driven team as you build a solid foundation in sales and operations. You’ll enjoy flexible schedules, excellent benefits, associate incentives and discount programs. You’ll be on the fast track to furthering your management career, with advancement opportunities at hundreds of our locations nationwide.
By applying to this posting, you will be in our database and notified of future openings as they come available in your area of interest across our over 750 Penske locations. (In the application you can specific your geographies of interest)
- Develop consumer and commercial customer solutions to local and national accounts - including many of the Fortune 500.
- Manage our large inventory of world class and nationally recognized vehicles, balancing fleet productivity, profitability and customer
satisfaction in a fast-paced and dynamic workspace
- Generate new business leads as well as foster existing customer relationships
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred concentration in Business or Marketing
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Internship or related work experience in a customer facing role preferred
- Results oriented, attention to detail and good time management skills
- A valid driver’s license is required, as is the ability and willingness to drive our Penske vehicles, including a 26’ box truck.
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required
schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference check.
Learn more about our Sales and Operations Management Training program from our associates who are, or have been in the role!
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and
remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use
hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group,
General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than
216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation
and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.