CVS Health offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 12 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
As the US Healthcare System transitions to a value based payment model, Health Plans are increasingly being measured and rewarded based on performance across a variety of clinical and operational quality measures. Performing well on these measures can result in specific rewards including, but not limited to, financial bonuses, increased enrollment through beneficiary preferences and higher levels of auto-enrollment. With its wide array of assets, CVS Health is uniquely positioned to support our health plan clients in meeting their quality performance goals. To ensure we are supporting our Medicare, Medicaid and Exchange clients, The Government Performance Measures Group: •Leads development of the strategic objectives, standards and methodologies and allocate the budget to support the organizational initiatives that improve and maintain superior Plan Ratings • Partners and influences a wide set of internal and external stakeholders at all levels of leadership, including Operational business owners, Account Managers, Product Management, and key client organizations, to drive and track initiatives focused on improving or maintaining Plan Rating - adapting plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. • Analyzes complex data
sets and regulations to identify areas to drive superior Plan performance• Provides direct client-facing support and overall client account team management in addressing client concerns on Plan Rating metrics. • Influence the development of new quality programs and measures working with CMS and industry associations
The MBA Intern will support our team in developing a deep understanding of emerging quality programs. For example, by identifying:• Quality improvement strategy and goals • The measures used to manage performance• Incentives for health plans to focus and improve on the state’s quality measures• Opportunities for CVSHealth and our clients Depending on the time necessary to complete the analysis, opportunity exists to expand the research into additional areas.
*Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program.
• Proven track record scoping, constructing and executing complex analyses to meet business case requirements
• Superior analytical skills, quantitative skills, logic and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity or uncertainty and ability to learn on the fly to understand and solve new problems
• High level of independent judgment and initiative required
• Strong ability to communicate effectively and succinctly in a manner that is clear, logical and consistent
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization
• Highest level of attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities as needed and meeting deadlines.
• Highly skilled and practiced in MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Professional in appearance and demeanor
Experience in healthcare setting
*Candidates must be enrolled a two year MBA program, with final year beginning in Fall of 2018