An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. You'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable, pride in making a difference. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services, System Modernization & Services Division is seeking interns to become part of a dynamic Business Development (BD) department supporting the growth of our Federal, State, and Local markets. The interns will report to the Division Director of Business Development and have the opportunity to regularly interact with the Division's leadership team.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks to include:
- Play a pivotal role in general business development activities such as pipeline planning & monitoring
- Leverage available tools and databases to support our account management team with the development of account plans, and account market research to identify emerging growth areas
- Assist our capture management team with pursuit specific research such as working with capture managers to conduct opportunity assessments for a variety of federal, state, & local pursuits .
-Additional tasks may arise that support general Business Development operations and initiatives such as financial analysis, marketing/communications, proposals and other related activities.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to think critically and to effectively communicate.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree (or higher level) college / university program as a Business Management, Economics, Political Science, Communications, or other related major degree
- Have completed at least sophomore year
- Available to work for 10 weeks during the summer 2016 semester
- Dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail, strong work ethic to handle multiple priorities and the ability to function independently
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite
- Must be a US Citizen
- Minimum GPA: 3.25
- GPA 3.7
- Experience with Leadership activities, Academic Clubs, Diversity Organizations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.